Welcome To the Illinois Hoop Dreams Website
IHD provides an affordable, safe, and positive learning environment for young women.
We are dedicated to helping our players build strong character, become positive role models, and to maximizing their full potential on and off of the basketball court. We are focused on fundamental skill development and improving all aspects of the player’s game in order to help them become well rounded student-athletes that are prepared to achieve success at the HS JV, HS Varsity, Collegiate level, and in life.
• Provide age-specific training.
• Teach technical and tactical skills.
• Promote good sportsmanship and team spirit.
• Increase the player’s knowledge of basketball.
• Prepare each player to be successful at the next level of school basketball.
• Evaluate each player’s skills and develop and implement a plan for individual improvement.
• Ball handling and passing.
• Triple threat and court spacing.
• Post moves and rebounding.
• Defensive keys and transition play.
• Offensive & defensive keys.
• Floor vision, court communication, and moving without the ball.
• Team offensive schemes and team defensive schemes.
• Special game situations and strategies.
Hoop Dreams News
Class of 2019 Commitments
- Bailey Steinkamp (Cary-Grove) has officially committed to continuing her academic and athletic careers
with Coach Rosengarden and Concordia University Chicago. Congratulations Steinkamp family!
- Nicole Dorn is a rare gem. Both the best player & the most humble player on her HS team during her career at Prairie Ridge. She's now officially signed to play collegiately at Truman State University! The Dawgs are getting a very special young lady and a great family. Congratulations!
mom'sfootsteps to Northern Illinois University Women’s Basketball while also charting her own successful path forward.
IHD Girls 2018 HS Season Success
Brie Borkowicz – Geneva Vikings (back to back)
- Brie set a new Class 4A State Finals free percentage record going 13/14 (92.8 %) in the semi-final vs. Maine West.
Marissa Knobloch, Jordan Parker, Jennifer Heinberg - Marengo
Faith Klemm, Jackie Rapp - Sycamore
Sarah Howdeshell, Baily Steinkamp - Cary Grove
Brie Borkowicz – Geneva
Faith Klemm, Jackie Rapp – Sycamore
Elana Wells, Alex Lichner, Emily Ahlers, Avery Anderson - Burlington Central
Gracie Ozburn – Harvest Christian
Marissa Knobloch – Marengo
Jordan Parker – Marengo
Jennifer Heinberg – Marengo
Elana Wells – Burlington Central
Maddie Haslow – Crystal Lake Central
Maddie Tripp – Dundee Crown
Jamie Martens – Kaneland
Mandy Mein – Streamwood
Marissa Knobloch (IBCA)
Jamie Martens (IBCA)
IHD Players Impact Fox Valley HS Teams’ Playoff Success
Arguably the most successful play-off season in recent memory for Fox Valley area HS teams was extra special for the Illinois Hoop Dreams family as several of our players led their teams to State trophies this year.
The Harvest Christian and St. Edward ladies represented their respective schools, families, and community exceptionally well during the 1A/2A State Finals at Illinois State University. Talented players, dedicated coaches, and supportive parents worked together to bring some hardware back to Elgin as Harvest finished the season in 4th place in Class 1A while St. Ed’s was 3Rd in Class 3A. Gracie Ozburn and Isamar Garcia were clutch performers for Harvest all weekend, while Maddie Spagnola and Katie Castoro led the way for the Lady Wave. The two rosters contained a total of 15 current and former IHD players and we could not be prouder of each one of them.
The Class 4A Championships on the final weekend of the Original March Madness also did not disappoint as it featured more exceptionally talented teams, some great games, a couple buzzer beaters, and more local kids earning trophies. Brie Borkowicz and the Geneva Vikings won the Class 4A State Championship on two buzzer beating shots on consecutive nights, while Hayley and Midori Williams and the Fremd Vikings took 4th in Class 4A this year as the twins earned their 3rd consecutive State medals. Well done ladies…Teamwork makes the Dreams work!
Borkowicz Commits to St. Thomas!
Congratulations to 2018 PG Brie Borkowicz and family on her commitment to Coach Ruth Sinn and The University of St. Thomas! UST is the largest private college in MN and an excellent academic institution. The Tommies are also an elite D3 program (11 consecutive conference championships including 201-38 the last 8yrs) and:
2014-15: NCAA tournament Elite Eight. Finished the season with a 30-1 record.
2015-16: NCAA tournament. Finished the season with a 26-4 record.
2016-17: NCAA tournament Final Four. Finished the season with a 31-1 record.
Brie is exceptionally hardworking, humble, and a great teammate that does whatever is required to succeed. She’ll definitely be an asset to the UST program and we’re very pleased she was able to find her best fit at a great school with a strong academic and athletic profile.
Congrats Borkowicz family!
Dorn Commits to Truman State
Congratulations to Nicole Dorn (Prairie Ridge HS 2019) and family on receiving a full-ride scholarship from Coach Amy Eagan and Truman State University. Nicole is the best PG in the FVC and among the top 5 players in the conference. A great combination of skill, work ethic, athleticism, academics, and attitude that will be an asset to the Bulldogs program!