About Illinois Hoop Dreams
- • IHD is a girls’ basketball club for 5th grade to HS student-athletes dedicated to the training and development of
- players from various school districts and private schools.
- • IHD is a member club of the Amateur Athletic Union of the USA (AAU).
- • HD has developed a standard of excellence and is recognized as one of the premier AAU youth basketball programs in the Chicago area.
- • Our teams are very competitive and our emphasis on elite level skill development has produced players that are consistently among the best in their school programs.
- • Provide ag e-specific training.
- • Teach technical and tactical skills.
- • Promote good sportsmanship and team spirit.
- • Increase the player’s knowledge of basketball.
- • Evaluate each player’s skills and develop and implement a plan for individual improvement.
- • Prepare each player to be successful at the next level of school basketball.
- • Ball handling and passing.
- • Triple threat and court spacing.
- • Post moves and rebounding.
- • Defensive keys and transition play.
- • Offensive & defensive keys.
- • Floor vision, court communication, and moving without the ball.
- • Team offensive schemes and team defensive schemes.
- • Special game situations and strategies
- • Players are made in the summer and no one does it better than IHD!
- Player Development is our #1 Priority
- • 70% of the players that have completed our 8th grade program has gone on to play at least 3yrs of HS varsity basketball, with many girls playing 4yrs.
- • We’ve developed more All-Area/All-Conference level players than most of our nearest competitors combined.
- • A majority of players on the annual Fox Valley Daily Herald All-Area team have played for IHD.
- • HS teams with multiple IHD players in the rotation have advanced to the IHSA Elite 8 or State Finals for 5 consecutive seasons.
- • Hoop Dreams HS teams play in the premier National NCAA Certified Exposure events.
- • Our players are recruited by college coaches across the country and several are playing collegiately.
- • IHD 2019 try-outs will be held in late February.
- • Teams will begin a combination of practicing and training shortly thereafter.
- • Our tournament season:
- Middle School – April to June
- High School – April to July (no games in June)
• All age groups will practice twice per week in Elgin area gyms.
• HS girls can skip practices to participate in June summer league games.
• Each team will participate in 6-8 tournaments and/or shoot-outs.
• 8th grade and HS teams compete in multiple college exposure events.
- • Coaching and facility resources will determine the number of teams at each level.
- • Players are considered at their current grade level until the start of the following school year.
- • We will allow players to play “up” if they have the skills required to play with an older team.
- • Per AAU and tournament rules, NO player is ever allowed to play “down” on a younger team.
- • Players will be placed on a team that allows them the best opportunity to learn, contribute, and develop their skills in the most competitive environment.
- • Playing time is earned, not given, and may not be equal.
- • Rosters are limited to a 12-player maximum.
- • Our Adidas uniform package includes an Adidas reversible jersey, Adidas shorts, and an Adidas long-sleeve dry-fit shooting shirt.
- • Additional items (sweats, bags, hoodies, t-shirts, etc.) are available separately.
IHD Spring-Summer 2019
Hoop Dreams focuses on improving skills in the following areas:
Commitment to Excellence:
• Our goal for the 2019 season is to have competitive teams from 5th – 11th grades.
• TBA at time of try-outs.
• Fee includes gym time, coaching, and all tournaments. (Does not include the uniform)
• Out of town travel costs are extra and are the responsibility of each family.