Welcome To the Illinois Hoop Dreams Website
IHD provides an affordable, safe, and positive learning environment for young women.
We are dedicated to helping our players build strong character, become positive role models, and to maximizing their full potential on and off of the basketball court. We are focused on fundamental skill development and improving all aspects of the player’s game in order to help them become well rounded student-athletes that are prepared to achieve success at the HS JV, HS Varsity, Collegiate level, and in life.
• Provide age-specific training.
• Teach technical and tactical skills.
• Promote good sportsmanship and team spirit.
• Increase the player’s knowledge of basketball.
• Prepare each player to be successful at the next level of school basketball.
• Evaluate each player’s skills and develop and implement a plan for individual improvement.
• Ball handling and passing.
• Triple threat and court spacing.
• Post moves and rebounding.
• Defensive keys and transition play.
• Offensive & defensive keys.
• Floor vision, court communication, and moving without the ball.
• Team offensive schemes and team defensive schemes.
• Special game situations and strategies.
HOOP DREAMS NEWS
Players are Made in the Summer
…and no club in the area makes them better than IHD!
Illinois Hoop Dreams is the home of the most talented and successful AAU teams in the Far West Suburbs. We have been blessed with a great combination of players, parents, and coaches and we’re looking forward to a great 2014 season on and off the court.
IHD will host try-outs on consecutive Sundays in March (3/2 and 3/9) this season at The Centre of Elgin in order to allow the maximum number of players to participate. Players interested in joining our club are encouraged to make both sessions if possible, but it is not required.
There is a $20 try-out fee that will cover both dates for those players that attend twice.
We will also be hosting an Open Gym prior to try-outs that is open to all players and parents.
IHD Open Gym
8:00 - 10:00PM
2700 W. Highland Ave
Elgin, IL 60124
Practices will begin in March and tournaments will be played in April, May, and July at the HS level and April, May,
June, and July at the younger levels. IHD regularly competes in the best events against the best available competition.
Each team will participate in 6-8 tournaments and we encourage our players to participate in at least one individual showcase event.
At the HS level, we will compete in the college exposure weekend in April and exclusively in college exposure
events in July.