Welcome To the Illinois Hoop Dreams Website
IHD provides an affordable, safe, and positive learning environment for young women.
We are dedicated to helping our players build strong character, become positive role models, and to maximizing their full potential on and off of the basketball court. We are focused on fundamental skill development and improving all aspects of the player’s game in order to help them become well rounded student-athletes that are prepared to achieve success at the HS JV, HS Varsity, Collegiate level, and in life.
• Provide age-specific training.
• Teach technical and tactical skills.
• Promote good sportsmanship and team spirit.
• Increase the player’s knowledge of basketball.
• Prepare each player to be successful at the next level of school basketball.
• Evaluate each player’s skills and develop and implement a plan for individual improvement.
• Ball handling and passing.
• Triple threat and court spacing.
• Post moves and rebounding.
• Defensive keys and transition play.
• Offensive & defensive keys.
• Floor vision, court communication, and moving without the ball.
• Team offensive schemes and team defensive schemes.
• Special game situations and strategies.
HOOP DREAMS NEWS
Fall Ball 2015
Thanks to everyone involved for making this year's Fall Ball 2015 program a success. 8 weeks of hard work and purposeful practices focused on the fundamentals has come to a close and we’re looking forward to watching our very talented HS players during the upcoming season. IHD players have led and been key contributors on championship caliber teams advancing to the IHSA Super Sectionals or State Finals for the past three consecutive seasons and we hope to see that trend continue.
During the “live weekend” in September, our girls played in three exposure events in three days and it was certainly an exhausting experience for our players and parents alike, but there is no success without sacrifice. Good times on and off the court with the squads competing against the best competition in the Midwest in front of dozens of college coaches at the Fire Fall Classic, USJN Elite Octoberfest, and X-Citement X-Posure events. A hugely successful weekend (6-1) for our 17u Elite team and a great test and learning experience for our younger girls with aspirations of becoming impact players in the future.
Finally, we'd like to acknowledge and thank all of the college coaches that made trips to our gym (some driving up to 7hrs each way) for Fall Ball workouts, those that hosted IHD players on official visits, and those that made watching our teams compete during the September weekend games a priority. Your continued support is greatly appreciated!
Looking forward to continuing to develop our younger players during the next few months during the winter 7/8th grade season.