Welcome To the Illinois Hoop Dreams Website
IHD provides an affordable, safe, and positive learning environment for young women.
We are dedicated to helping our players build strong character, become positive role models, and to maximizing their full potential on and off of the basketball court. We are focused on fundamental skill development and improving all aspects of the player’s game in order to help them become well rounded student-athletes that are prepared to achieve success at the HS JV, HS Varsity, Collegiate level, and in life.
• Provide age-specific training.
• Teach technical and tactical skills.
• Promote good sportsmanship and team spirit.
• Increase the player’s knowledge of basketball.
• Prepare each player to be successful at the next level of school basketball.
• Evaluate each player’s skills and develop and implement a plan for individual improvement.
• Ball handling and passing.
• Triple threat and court spacing.
• Post moves and rebounding.
• Defensive keys and transition play.
• Offensive & defensive keys.
• Floor vision, court communication, and moving without the ball.
• Team offensive schemes and team defensive schemes.
• Special game situations and strategies.
HOOP DREAMS NEWS
Spring Summer 2015
Illinois Hoop Dreams is a competitive girls’ basketball club that provides an affordable, safe, and positive learning environment for young women. We are dedicated to helping our players build strong character while reaching their full potential on and off the basketball court.
IHD is the premier girls-only AAU program in the Fox Valley and one of the top clubs in the state. We have developed and trained more All-Conference and All-Area level players than any other organization in the area and our players are regularly recognized as being among the most skilled and competitive in their respective school programs. They play with a confidence, passion, and intensity that sets them apart from their peers.
Our focus on Elite Level skill development and fundamentals, providing the right balance of games vs. practice, and a commitment to participating in “A” level tournaments and events against the best available competition are keys to our success.
We have been blessed with a great combination of talented players, supportive parents, and dedicated coaches. If IHD sounds like the AAU club that you have been looking for, please consider attending our Spring/Summer season try-outs to see for yourself what makes us different.
Dream Big. Play Hard. Stay Humble.